Tuesday, August 03, 2004

Presidential Library...

This post is a response to a NYT article on recommendation's that theologians give, on books for both Presidential candidates. Needless to say, their choices were, and are, dreadful. I will link to the story after I post what I think are basic texts that any honest political candidate should have a thorough knowledge of:

Here's my list. In no way is this complete, but for starters...

1) Philosophy: Who Needs It by Ayn Rand.
2) The Ominous Parallels: The End of Freedom in America by Leonard Peikoff
3) Atheism: The Case Against God by George Smith
4) The Foreign Policy of Self-Interest: A Moral Ideal for America by Peter Schwartz
5) Capitalism: The Unknown Ideal by Ayn Rand
6) Moral Rights and Political Freedom by Tara Smith


This list is not complete, but for any candidate who truly wants America to prosper, he/she must have read, and understood, these 6 books. Perhaps I'll add a few more, as they come to me. I'll check my own library in the den!

Here's the NYTimes link:

http://www.nytimes.com/2004/07/24/national/24beliefs.html?ex=1092513768&ei=1&en=323d42da30247a79

No comments: