Thursday, September 30, 2004

More on Author's

I was thinking earlier today, how dumb I was with my original post on my Favorite Author's, because I did not include P.G. Wodehouse in the mix. Now, I know I have a link for him to the left, but not including him in that brief summary was insulting to his memory and I must apologize.
So, what better segway to add one or two more to the list than to start with apologies to the comic master...

) P. G. Wodehouse.
One must start with 'The Code of the Woosters', that's all there is to it. Failing that, start with any Jeeves and Wooster book you can grab. If you've got any humor in you at all, you'll take to his books immediately.
Failing that, then just go to the VHS or DVD adaptation's of his works, featuring the comic brilliance of Stephen Fry as Jeeves and Hugh Laurie as Bertie Wooster. I cannot think of two more able actors to portray these two characters, than Fry and Laurie. Brilliant. Just brilliant.

) Dan Brown
Brown's written four books. His first, Digital Fortress, was good. You can see his progression as a writer if you read them in order. Next came Deception Point. Then Angels and Demons. My suggestion is to go right to 'Angels and Demons' then 'The DaVinci Code'. These two feature the same main character and 'Code' is being made into a movie.

More to come...

No comments: