Sunday, January 08, 2006

New Mexico Spaceport

I became a "Space Cadet" on July 20 1969, my fifteenth birthday. When Neil Armstrong set foot on the moon. Living in Ohio at the time, it was hard not to be impressed! I still vividly remember watching every moment of that mission I could, whenever it was on tv.

I don't know how old this press release is, but VirginGalactic, has purchased a 27 square mile tract of land in New Mexico to build a spaceport for their space tourist vehicles, built in co-operation with Burt Rutan's company, Scaled Composites.

http://www.virgingalactic.com/en/news.asp

As an aside, Overstock carries a great Australian DVD film, "The Dish" about their space telescope assistance in that mission. It is a wonderful, heartwarming film. Under $10 at Overstock.

[Editors note: I still am having problems with Blogger in trying to add links to my posts. Their help guys have not assisted me once. Any suggestions?]

No comments: