Friday, March 31, 2006

How to Call the Police [True Story]

HOW TO CALL THE POLICE:


George Phillips of Meridian, Mississippi
was going up to bed when
his wife told him that he'd left the
light on in the garden shed,
which she could see from the bedroom
window. George opened the back
door to go turn off the light, but saw
that there were people in the
shed stealing things.

He phoned the police, who asked "Is
someone in your house?" and he
said no. Then they said that all
patrols were busy, and that he
should simply lock his door and an
officer would be along when
available. George said "Okay," hung up,
counted to 30, and phoned
the police again.
"Hello. I just called you a few seconds
ago because there were
people in my shed. Well, you don't have
to worry about them now
hung up.
Within five minutes, three police cars,
an Armed Response unit, and
an ambulance showed up at the Phillips'
residence. Of course, the
police caught the burglars red-handed.
One of the policemen said to George: "I
thought you said that you'd
shot them!"
George said, "I thought you said there
was nobody available!"

1 comment:

Myrhaf said...

That reminds me of when I lived in NYC and an apartment above me had left water running that was dripping down through the ceiling to my apartment. There was water dripping all over the place, like it was raining inside. I called the Fire Department and calmly explained the problem; they hemmed and hawed and didn't know when they could get around to it. A neighbor said I didn't call them right. She called and was hysterical; the Fire Department showed up in 10 minutes.