Monday, July 17, 2006

Short Notes

This I found somewhere on the net. The runner-up to the annual Bad Writing contest. Hilarious!!

"I know what you're thinking, punk," hissed Wordy Harry to his new editor, "you're thinking, 'Did he use six superfluous adjectives or only five?' - and to tell the truth, I forgot myself in all this excitement; but being as this is English, the most powerful language in the world, whose subtle nuances will blow your head clean off, you've got to ask yourself one question: 'Do I feel loquacious?' - well do you, punk?"

I'll do more research to credit the actual author of the above, and the site/blog where I found it.

[1:46pm] Found it. The "blog" is philosophicaldetective.com. The writer, and runner-up, is, Stuart Vasepuru Edinburgh, Scotland



2nd Note:

Serious pet peeve of mine...

The abuse of language, philosophy, morality and politics in equating/calling dictatorships "sovereign nations". If this is not a moral obsenity, I don't know what is.

No comments: