Saturday, January 26, 2008

Gather 'round

Two stories have caught my eye recently. Both are very positive, so I wanted to share them with readers.

The first is a story about America's next great gymnast. A 16 year old girl, Shawn Johnson, who seems very much to have a brain as well as athletic skills.
With quotes like these from her, I know I'll be paying closer attention to the Olympics.

"In my eyes, I've never failed because I've never given anything less than my best."

"I think going into any competition, I'm always thinking of myself and not paying attention to others," she said. "I don't feel any different from the first day I started. I love what I do and I don't let anything affect me."

"What leads my career is that you can't succeed in something unless you're having fun," she said. "I love my sport and that really has helped me to get where I am today."

Here's the whole story:

http://highschool.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=765329

The second story that excites me is about SpaceShipTwo. Sir Richard Branson's Virgin Galactic Airways has released the design of their ship. Go take a look @:

http://cosmiclog.msnbc.msn.com/archive/2008/01/23/601315.aspx

I'm ready to go! Let's fly!

Minor editing.

No comments: