Wednesday, February 08, 2006

The Simplest Thing...[and In Protest!]



I had not realized, until today, that Gus has been linking to, and quoting from Bruno's Blog "The Simplest Thing". Bruno has posted two great quotes from two great authors concerning the Muslim protests about the cartoons that this illiterate mob is 'offended' by.
Anyway, I visited his blog because of Gus's reference and found, to my delight, Bruno has a link to The Secular Foxhole. Well now! I must return the favor and tell all my readers to go and visit his blog, now posted in my Blogroll of Fame.
Here are the two quotes I favor so much...

From "The Lord of the Rings":

“Hold your ground, hold your ground. Sons of Gondor, of Rohan, my brothers. I see in your eyes the same fear that would take the heart of me. A day may come when the courage of men fails, when we forsake our friends and break all bonds of fellowship, but it is not this day. An hour of wolves and shattered shields, when the age of men comes crashing down, but it is not this day. This day we fight! For all that you hold dear on this good Earth, I bid you stand, Men of the West!”

From Ayn Rand's "Capitalism: The Unknown Ideal":

"The only power of a mob, as against an individual, is greater muscular strenght--i.e., plain, brute physical force. The attempt to solve social problems by means of physical force is what a civilized society is established to prevent. The advocates of mass civil disobedience admit that their purpose is intimidation. A society that tolerates intimidation as a means of settling disputes--the physical intimidation of some men or groups by others--loses its moral right to exist as a social system, and its collapse does not take long to follow." (bolds are mine)




To join the fray, in protesting the protester's, I say this:

Mohammed, I spit in the drunken derelict sperm that made you and your pathetic faith.

You can quote me.

No comments: